Wildlife and Rabies

The Animal Control Officer does not have the authority to assist landowners with nuisance wildlife, a special person licensed by the Division of Fisheries and Wildlife must be hired. The Animal Control Officer will respond to a wildlife call when it poses a threat to the public or has had direct human contact. It is recommended that residents avoid contact with wildlife animals and report animals that appear sick to the Police Department at (978) 462-4440.

For further information concerning rabies, contact the Animal Control Officer, the Board of Health or your veterinarian. It can not be stressed enough to have your pet's vaccination up to date! Doing so could save it's life and prevent the need for human family members to undergo expensive, painful rabies treatments. Click here for more information.