- N.E.E.T. (Northern Essex Elder Transport) is a regionally based volunteer medical transportation program for elders providing curbside to curbside service. A rider must be self ambulatory and while walkers are acceptable, wheelchairs are not unless the client has a companion who can handle the chair and the transfers. Those wishing a ride are requested to call the C.O.A. Office at least two days prior (and earlier for Boston transportation). Mileage is reimbursed to the driver at a rate of $.43/mile and donations to equal that are requested. All scheduling is done through the C.O.A. Office.
- The C.O.A. Van is available for Tuesday Morning Grocery Shopping and Errands. Pick-ups begin at 9:00 to go to local stores. Call the C.O.A. office by Monday to reserve a seat. All riders must be self ambulatory. Helpers for the visually impaired welcomed. $3 donation is suggested.
- Recreational/education trips are generally planned each month. Details are outlined in the monthly Newsletter or by calling the C.O.A. office. Cost varies.
Ring & Ride (The Merrimack Lalley Regional Transit Authority) click here for more details
- Ring & Ride is a curb-to-curb transportation service for the residents of Boxford, Georgetown, Groveland, Newbury/Byfield and West Newbury. The Merrimack Valley Regional Transit Authority provides this service through its operating company using wheelchair lift-equipped MVRTA vehicles.
- This service allows resident's to commute anywhere in Amesbury, Boxford, Georgetown, Groveland, Haverhill, Lawrence, Methuen, Newbury/Byfield, Newburyport, North Andover and West Newbury, as well as to the Rowley Train Station and the Market Basket in Rowley
- For residents of Newbury, Ring & Ride operates Weekdays 8:00 am-5:00 pm and Saturdays 12:00 pm-6:00 pm.
- Reservations must be made by calling (978) 469-6878 option 3 between 8:00 am and 4:30 pm Monday through Friday and at least one day prior to services. You should be prepared to provide Your Name, Your Home, Work, or Cell Phone Number, Your Exact Street Address and Requested Appointment TIme and Your Exact Drop Off Location and if You Need a Return Trip, the Return Information.
- The RIng & Ride Fare Rates Per One Way Trip is approximately $2.00.
- To cancel a reservation, you must call at least one-hour prior to the start of your thirty-minute pick-up window, weekdays between 7:00 am and 5:00 pm. You may also cancel your trip after hours weekdays, or Saturday or Sunday by leaving a message on the voicemail. Please call (978) 469-6878 option 3.