Newbury’s Emergency Management Director/Police Chief Michael Reilly, Health Agent Deb Rogers and Town Administrator Tracy Blais are in conversations daily with the Mass DPH, CDC and the Mass Municipal Organization. Substantial Updates will be communicated as necessary, but we do encourage you to review some recent Orders & Press Releases:
Please Note: We remind you to get your information from official sources only. There are several vicious malwares under titles that may arrive in your email and appear professional in nature referring to the Coronavirus. Do not call them or click on any links or information contained in these emails or any other material. We recommend the following websites for information: Massachusetts Department of Public Health COVID-19, Center for Disease Control (CDC), Massachusetts 2-1-1. The Mass Department of Public Health website provides a one-stop-shop for a variety of and always current information on the outbreak of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), including State of Emergency, Governor Baker videos/updates/press releases, best practices, FAQ’s and current cases.
Municipal Town Offices - All offices at 12 Kent Way will remain closed to the public until further notice and we are working hard to minimize disruptions in services; all municipal departments are working remotely and can be contact through email, telephone or our website There are many options for conducting town business online; please visit www.townofnewbury.org and click on Online Payments to learn how you can pay Boat & Motor Vehicle Excise, Personal Property & Real Estate Taxes and Parking Tickets. You can also request your Dog Licenses and Parking Permits through this payment portal at https://epay.cityhallsystems.com/selection. All municipal offices may be contacted with questions and/or requests via phone or email. Department contact information can be found on Newbury’s Website. We’re working hard to minimize disruptions in municipal services and wanted to remind residents of some convenient, online payment options; including purchasing dog licenses, parking permits, paying real estate, personal property, boat and motor vehicle excise taxes and parking tickets.
- Treasurer/Collector - Boat & Motor Vehicle Excise Tax, Personal Property & Real Estate bills can all be paid online. Municipal Lien, Betterment or any other questions can be directed to this office via email or telephone, you can find their information here.
- Town Clerk - Questions regarding Birth/Marriage/Death Certificates, Local State/Elections and Town Meeting can be directed to this office by emailing email@example.com or calling (978) 465-0862 X315. You may purchase Dog Licenses and Parking Permits online.
- Inspectional Services/Building Department - Building Permit Applications are available online through the Inspectional Services Online Permitting System. Inquiries on Permits and Inspections should be coordinated with the Building Commissioner by calling (978) 465-0862 X309 or by emailing him at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Transfer Station – Currently remains operating on its regular schedule. If you are unsure of the schedule or list of items/fees you may view here.
- Plum Island Beach, Newbury -The beach is currently open however, there are parking restrictions. We ask that everyone practice safe social distancing. Access to Plum Island beach is subject to change at any time and wehn/if this is adopted, signage will be posted.
- Town Recreational Areas & Parks – Central Street/Manter Fields & the Fieldhouse are closed to the public. Upper & Lower Greens are available to the public; again, we ask that everyone practice safe social distancing
- Newbury Town Library - Library will be closed to the public until further notice. The staff is working remotely and will be available through email, telephone and their website https://newburylibrary.org/
- Council on Aging Senior Center - All programming and services are suspended until further notice. Staff will be available during regular business hours and can be contacted with any questions or needs for important services. Please call 978-462-8114 or with any questions or concerns. Emails addresses for staff can be found here
- Fire Department-will continue to provide fire protection, rescue and emergency medical services by calling 9-1-1. Burn Permits & Activation will be accepted online only through their Online Portal. At this time they have suspended all routine inspections including 26F’s, Emergency Inspections will be conduction as required by law. For general questions you may call Byfield at (978) 465-7271 and Newbury at (978) 462-2282; to obtain their email addresses please visit the Newbury Fire Department Website.
- Police Department- At this time, the Newbury Police Department is making an effort to limit the amount of people in their lobby. Information regarding firearms is available for review. If you have an expiring firearm license or would like to apply for a new one, this Firearm Application needs to be filled out and submitted per the instructions provided. They respectfully request that questions or inquiries by done by telephone calling instead of coming in to the building. Also, as much as the food is appreciated, we ask that you refrain from bringing any to the station. We are doing our best to keep our officers safe and healthy so they are available if you need them. If you have an Emergency, please dial 9-1-1. For general information regarding the Police Department please go to the PD Website for further Emergency Management information and the for Police Departments protocols regarding the COVID-19 pandemic you may click here.
WE WILL ALL GET THROUGH THIS TOGETHER!